Thursday, June 2, 2011

Getting Organized

It boggles my mind just how much sewing related stuff I've accumulated over the years--and we're talking over 40 here.  I'm trying to do some sorting and organizing and it is a major task, for sure.  Over the weekend when I was using my serger a lot, I had to climb under a table to get to the threads, and I decided that was just crazy, so I did something about it yesterday--I moved the chest the threads were in so it could be easily accessed--brilliant, right?  It was definitely one of those, "Now why didn't I do this earlier?" moments!

Not only did I move the chest, I decided to organize them and inventory them so I would quit duplicating (or triplicating) what I have.  There are four drawers in the chest, and I now have an inventoried set of wooly nylon, Maxilock and Maxilock Swirls all on a handy dandy spreadsheet.  It's amazing what a little time and energy can do to speed up finding what you need!  I have a great serger thread template in Excel if anyone is interested.

2 comments:

  1. Wow it is so funny that one thing just leads to another and then all is sorted out. Just joined your blog and love your machine quilting with the variegated thread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I really love batiks and that shade of King Tut was perfect for them.

    ReplyDelete