Thursday, June 30, 2011

Week of Sewing Shorts

It's fun to pull out a piece of well-aged fabric and finally do something with it.  I think that I've had this for at least three years, and it's another one of those, "Now Why Did I Buy So Much of This?" kind of fabrics, but at least I've now used some of it.

In case it's difficult to see just what I'm talking about, this is a beige linen fabric and embroidered all over it are small pairs of flip flops.  I used this to make Miss V some walking shorts, which are long enough for her to wear to school when it starts back up in about six weeks.  I chose it because this is the first year she's been able to wear the "real deal" flip flops--no more straps across the back to hold them on.  When I told her that's why she got these this year, she got the biggest grin on her face, and I got to enjoy that six-year-old tooth missing on the bottom smile.  She's growing up on us.

I've also made one more pair this week to go under a tiered peasant dress.  I'm working on the dress now and will post pictures of her in it when it's all finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment