Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pillow Cases from Leftovers

My sister just finished piecing a quilt for her son.  This is her first big project and it looks great.  (I'll try to get a picture up after it's finished.) After cutting out the two borders, there was a lot of fabric left over.  She asked about matching pillowcases, so while she put on the borders, I whipped up two pillowcases.  I sewed some of them on the machine and finished the seams on the serger.  The inside border was a 3" light fabric that reminded me of a wheat field.  The outside border was about the color the sky gets just before it turns completely dark.  I used the former for the body of the pillowcase and the latter for the cuff.  I decided to put a simple decorative stitch from my machine on the hem, and it looked as great as I thought it would.  The added benefit was that the motion of the stitches really secured the back side of the hem.

No comments:

Post a Comment