Sunday, April 2, 2017

Relocated! Now to Get It All Organized!

The move itself is complete, but the unpacking  and reorganizing certainly aren't!  It's truly amazing how much I had stored all over the four bedroom house!  I can't really believe that most of it is now residing in an upstairs room (pictured on the left), but what needs to happen now is some severe reorganization. The room started out 18' X 39', but we put in a half bath to the left of the stairs. Right now it's mostly boxes and who knows what else.  Oh, the blue tape was from us marking for the painters things they needed to touch up before we closed.

 I sorted through many things before packing, and gave away fabric, yarn, a small iron, trim, etc. to a soon-to-be art teacher.  She will have her own classroom for the first time next year and was so thankful for everything she received.  I have a feeling she may be getting more before too long!  There were many bins of fabric I didn't sort through, and I know future art students will be excited to work with the items I donated.

It will probably take me another month to get things where I want them, but then watch out!  I have projects to finish, granddaughters to teach more about sewing, and I see a long, fruitful relationship with all the things I planned to do in retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment