Sunday, August 3, 2014

Miss K's dress is ready

It's August and that means school is just around the corner.  When Miss K was here for Grandma Camp, she picked out a t-shirt fabric that has flowers and butterflies embossed on it for her first-day-of-school dress.  I'd made the pattern for her earlier, but as a top, so it needed a little extra to get the right length. I used my handy-dandy Accuquilt 2.5" strip cutter to cut a couple of strips, sewed them together, serged the seam, hemmed and then attached to the dress with my gathering foot.  I really love the fusible 1/2" knit tape from www.emmaseabrooke.com to put around the hems for the sleeves and the neckline.  I can't wait to see her later this week to see how she likes it.

PS  I got Miss E's second pair of capris done, too.  They're shamrock green and go with the top I made her during her Grandma Camp.  This may be a record--two outfits in a single day!

No comments:

Post a Comment