Monday, September 16, 2013

UFO Completed

One of my goals this fall is to complete some of the UFO's (not the flying kind, but the UnFinished Object sort) to make a little more room in the sewing area.  Yesterday I got a big one out of the way--the quilt for my great niece.  I finished her sister's in May, but had to complete piecing, add borders, get it quilted (thanks, Maggie!) and bind it.  I got it back about six weeks ago from being quilted, but it has just been too blamed hot to mess with a full size quilt, so it sat on a box for a bit.

Yesterday I finally located the fabric I had purchased for the binding.  I used my Accuquilt 2.25" die and cut bias binding, sewed it together, then sewed it on the quilt.  It's one of the fabrics from the quilt that has four or five different blues in the pattern and just fits with this.  The light wasn't great in our empty bedrooom, so the colors are a bit washed out, but all the rectangles are blues of various shades.  The first border is a mottled gold and the second is black, as is the back.  Hope she enjoys it!

No comments:

Post a Comment