Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas is over!

And what a special Christmas it was!  We haven't had our whole family here for many, many years, but the girls and their families were all under one roof on Christmas Eve through Christmas morning and it was wonderful  The granddaughters are such fun ages for Santa.  They had such fun opening gifts, singing their carols and the Happy Birthday to Baby Jesus.  My usual going overboard with gifts didn't happen this year as I was mobilely challenged, but it didn't matter much.  They had plenty to open and enjoyed playing with what they got.

I'm almost caught up on the laundry.  I think I have one more bed to wash and fold a bunch of towels.  Miss V (age 7) has stayed behind for a week of Grandma & Grandpa Camp, so we're still moving at a leisurely pace.  We're into hand embroidery (see the picture on the left with her first hand stitching with a sharp needle, and yes, she stuck herself), cooking and using the sewing machine for the first time this week.  Hopefully she will have a few neat things to show Mom and Dad when she goes home next week.

I love this part of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment