Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pneumonia, in the Summer?

I thought it was strange when Miss E was diagnosed with pneumonia about three weeks ago, but I can tell you first hand that she definitely had it and shared it with Grandma.  ARGH!!!  Not the way I wanted to spend the last part of my vacation before gearing up to teach another year, for sure.  The bright side is that it is responding well to a broad spectrum antibiotic, for which I am forever grateful!  The down side is that I'll be starting behind the curve as I haven't done near enough on two fronts--cleaning and sewing.

Miss V's dress did get finished, and she's here modeling it for us.  Her Grandpa said the picture makes her look so old--wonder what that makes him and me?  :)  Anyway, she loves it and wanted to wear it home with her matching shorts underneath, so that's a good sign.  I'd like to make her 3 or 4 pairs of Capris to wear to school this fall since it is so hard to get pants to fit her.  Not sure if I'll have the time or not, but we can try.

I still need to finish the curtains for her sisters' room, so maybe that's what I will do next, or maybe not.  I still have pants and tops to sew for them and they like clothes more than curtains.

Think it's time to sit in the easy chair and read for a bit, eat some dinner and then get some more rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment