Monday, December 12, 2011

Sewing for the Dolls

I have to be honest--I think I'm in my second childhood.  I guess that's partly what grandchildren are for--right?  Well, since they don't know this blog exists I can spill the beans.  Dolls will be coming for Christmas, and Santa Grandma has been commissioned to help make clothes to go with them. 

The first two finished are for Miss V since she will be with me at Grandma Camp next week.  I'm going green, too, since both of these outfits are made completely from scraps from things I've made this year.  The pajamas on the right are the remnants of a shell I made for myself this summer and the outfit on the left is actually made from scraps from an outfit Miss V got to start school in.  The doll's outfit isn't exactly like V's, but she'll recognize the fabrics, smile, and say something about her doll being dressed like her.  Check out the red buttons with white polka dots on the top.  The picture doesn't do them justice, but they just make the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment