Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pajama Day at School

Miss V's school had a pajama day the last day they had school in December, and it must have made quite an impression on her, but come to think about it, I guess if I had ever gotten to wear my pajamas to school it would have been memorable for me, too.  Between Christmas and New Year's I made pajama pants for both Kit and Ruthie, so when V got here she immediately dressed them in their pajamas and reenacted pajama day at school.  Then, after school, she put them in their karate outfits and reenacted her karate class complete with Ruthie being sent to the office for some offense.  Don't you just love listening to kids!  Art Linkletter was right, they do say the darndest things!

2 comments:

  1. Barbara, cute cute outfits, can you tell me what patterns you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's from the book Love to Dress Up 18" Dolls by Lorine Mason. I got the downloadable version ( www.nancysnotions.com ) and just print out the pieces I need. I used the Casual Pants and left off the side pockets. I used some flannel scraps I had around and just switched fabrics on the bottom trim pieces so they were coordinated. The tops are actually from a set of six that I got from the same site. There are several patterns out there that make similar tops, but I was running out of time before Christmas and wanted to do some of the other things first.

    ReplyDelete